Taking time for myself

My grandparents expect me to visit them everyday. I've been helping care for them for nearly seven years. My grandmother especially gets annoyed when I say I'll be at their house and not show up. I sometimes feel guilty and my grandmother has a knack- no, a gift for making me feel even more guilty. Caregivers must make time for themselves however. If they don't it can begin to affect their health. I used to schedule my life around their needs but after a while I was terribly stressed out,I hurt everywhere, and I snapped at everyone around me. Not good. So whether it makes my family upset or not I will continue to take me time so I can be a better caregiver to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Love

Liebster Blog Award

A Review ( And Giveaway, Too) of Gaijin Cowgirl by Jame DiBiasio