Because He Was My Grandfather

A home, love, and support. Responsibility. He taught and gave us many things. Because he was my Grandfather.
Except he wasn’t.
He married my Grandmother when my mother was nine. Then when we came along he helped take care of us–with food, with stability. I don’t know what we would have done without him and my grandmother at times. Some of the best traits I have I learned from him. So when the time came when he needed help we gave it. Family doesn’t necessarily have to be biological. He was more family to me than some of my blood relatives.
I loved him and he loved me; even though we never said it.
Because he was my Grandfather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Love

Liebster Blog Award

A Review ( And Giveaway, Too) of Gaijin Cowgirl by Jame DiBiasio